Computers and Networks are complicated, there’s just no way around that. To give the most accurate estimate of the time, and therefore the cost of meeting your goals, please take 10 minutes to answer the following questions. We don’t expect you to know all the answers or be exact, just do your best.
1. What problem, goal or business need would you like Stamford PC Networks to address?
E.g. “I want to put all the computers in my house on the internet, be able to scan documents on my son’s scanner and save them on my laptop, and be able to print from all the computers to the photo printer in my wife’s study. Also, I want to back up all the computers once a month and put this on a CD. Lastly, I want to make sure all the PCs have virus software and possibly put ‘parental controls’ on my 8-year-old’s PC”
2. What Computer, network gear, printer, scanner, camera or other equipment do you own, or plan to purchase soon? Please provide the brand, approximate month of purchase and model number.
3. For each computer, please provide the following information: brand, model, main memory, operating system, drive size, primary function.
E.g. “HP Pavillion zt3000 laptop, Windows XP Pro, 512mb, 60gb drive, prepare client tax returns.
This information appears on orders, invoices, receipts and packing slips.
4. For wireless networking, what is the approximate square footage of your home or office?
5. Do you currently have an internet connection into your house or business, and what kind is it? Cable, DSL or telephone line dial-up?
6. Do you have the Microsoft Windows CD, and other CDs that came when you purchased your computer?
7. Please include your contact information and the best time to reach you by phone.
Please Note: We may need to reboot your machine, contact your internet provider, purchase virus software, or the like. To do this we may need passwords or account information, or if you prefer you must be available to provide them. We don’t take this information off-site unless you request, and all personal information is kept in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE EMAIL, CALL, FAX OR POST THIS INFORMATION TO